Data Scientist, Spotify, 2013 – present
- Measure, model, predict, and understand user retention, with a machine learning approach
- Build attribution model that associates streaming behavior to other user behaviors in Spotify
- Model and cluster time series data of artists in Spotify
- Supervise MSc and PhD students for a variety of research projects
Research Intern, Spotify, 2012 - 2012
- Studied various aspects of user behavior in Spotify, such as arrival patterns of user sessions and usage patterns of users with multiple devices.
Software Engineer, International Air Transport Association, China, 2006 - 2008
- Developed web services for the travel agency management system and Billing and Settlement Plan (BSP) system.
Ph.D. in Computer Science, Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands, 2008 - 2013
- Thesis: Understanding Operation and User Behavior in Peer-to-Peer Systems
- Promotor: Prof.dr.ir. H.J. Sips
- Supervisor: Dr.ir. J.A. Pouwelse
M.Sc. in Computer Science, Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, 2004 - 2006
- Thesis: Implementation of Agora System (multi-agent systems)
- Supervisor: Prof. Mihhail Matskin
B.Sc. in Computer Science, Beijing Institute of Technology, China, 2000 - 2004
- Thesis: Device Driver Development for Embedded Linux
- Supervisor: Assoc. Prof. Zhongmei Ma
The full resume is here.