Currently, my research focuses mainly on user retention prediction and understanding, attribution modeling, and time series clustering.
I have been (co)supervising MSc and PhD students for various research projects:
- Stefan Magureanu, Optimizing Search Result Ranking (PhD internship)
- Foivos Michelinakis, Passive Mobile Bandwidth Classification Using Short Lived TCP Connections (PhD internship)
- Gustav Mörtberg, Detecting Frauduent Users (MSc internship)
- Martin Håstad, Evaluating Sessionization Methods in Music Streaming Context (MSc thesis)
- Erik Aalto, Learning Playlist Representations for Automatic Playlist Generation (MSc thesis)
- Theodoros Vasiloudis, Extending Recommendation Algorithms by Modeling User Context (MSc thesis)
Delft University of Technology
I studied the system dynamics and user behaviors in Peer-to-Peer (P2P) systems like BitTorrent, through extensive measurement and statistical modeling. I was also one of the main contributors of the Peer-to-Peer Trace Archive — one of the largest public archive for P2P traces.